- Panera provided 30 sandwiches, 3 specialty salads, pickles, and bread. It was an order that wasn't picked up. This was eaten that day for lunch.
- A man gave 2 turkeys, flour, sugar, and some canned goods. His father was an alcoholic, came to the Mission program. The family was grateful for the City Rescue Mission.
- A husband and wife gave blankets and bests in remembrance of their son who died.
- A man brought 10 new hooded sweatshirts.When he purchased these, he told them what he was going to do with them. They gave him "No Charge" for 5 of the shirts. He also gave a gift of $100 and said he would be back on Monday with more shirts.
- A mother dropped off 4 bags of coats and gloves, a lot of them new. Her daughter put out signs at Central Michigan University about collecting coats to be given to the Mission.
- A lady gave a large bag of new stuffed animals, plus 2 bags with food and toiletries.
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
All in a Day of Rescue!
One of our staff members once compared working at the Mission to experiencing Christmas every day. The truth is that we never know, when the doorbell rings, what blessings await us. Either gifts coming in to help us help others, or people in need whom we can help. The following list was made by one of the men who work at our men's shelter. Below is his description of a few highlights from his day.
How God Uses His People to Provide for His Children
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Every one of these people gave with joy and very large smiles.
God is Good!
In addition to these gifts coming in, we were able to provide food, shelter, and hope to about 150 women, children, and men that night. Indeed, God is good, and we are truly blessed by our great community of fellow Rescuers!